Solve dry skin in 7 tips
Dry skin occurs when skin doesn't retain sufficient moisture. It can be caused by ageing, an underlying skin condition like eczema, or environmental factors.
Having dry skin can be uncomfortable and itchy but the good news is that that your skin can regain and retain moisture when you take care of a few simple things.
Here are 7 tips to combat dry skin and bring back skin vitality:
1. Use humidifiers in winters. Central heating, fireplaces, and wood stoves can lower the humidity in a room and make your skin dry.
2. DO NOT take hot showers or baths. Limit yourself to one 5–10-minute bath or shower daily with lukewarm water.
3. Nourishing your skin is very important to keep it healthy, however, take care that you use gentle, fragrance-free skin care products.
4. Use oil-based balm/gel to cleanse your face. Soaps or soap-based cleansers strip away your skin’s natural oils.
5. Use a good quality Vitamin C serum in the morning before SPF. Vitamin C is a powerhouse ingredient, it protects and reduces free-radical damage, caused by environmental stressors, which is the underlined reason for skin dryness.
6. A good quality moisturizer is a no-brainer when it comes to dry skin. Choose a moisturizer with specialist ingredients like polyglutamic acid. It is a powerful peptide that naturally occurs in our bodies. It hydrates skin and draws moisture to the skin. This specialist ingredient holds water 5 times more than hyaluronic acid.
7. There’s no better way to end your day than with a good oil-based night serum. Look for natural, gentle ingredients. A good oil-based serum will not only provide hydration but will also repair daily damage caused by our environment to calm the stressed skin, giving a healthier plump look.